Experienced technologist and developer seeking a data scientist role. Skilled in coding, data wrangling, data visualization and analysis. Familiar with predictive modeling and machine learning techniques.
|Tools||Python (Pandas, Numpy, Jupyter/IPython Notebook, scikit-learn, Scrapy), R (dplyr, data.table, text2vec, tm, ggplot2, caret, rpart, knitr, Shiny), Rstudio, Pycharm|
|Domains||Capital Markets (Finance), Business Analytics, Healthcare, Media & Entertainment|
|Machine Learning||Unsupervised Learning, Supervised Learning, Regression|
|Databases||Oracle, MySql, Ingres/Postgres, MongoDB, Blazegraph|
|Big Data||Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Graph Databases (SPARQL/RDF)|
|Cloud||Amazon Web Services (EC2, EMR, SES, SQS, Aurora, Lambdas), Salesforce Cloud (Wave Analytics)|
Data Science Projects
Edgar Document Scraping (D&B Partner Innovation Center)
- Enabled Capital Markets partnerships by blending D&B’s proprietary company data with information on company securities (eg. CUSIP #’s) obtain from public SEC filings
- Developed Python scripts for scraping unstructured text, ETL and analysis
- Achieved ~85% coverage of the common stock of publicly -traded companies, as well as significant coverage of bonds and other securities offerings.
Business Seal Image Search (D&B Partner Innovation Center)
- Architected solution for finding unauthorized use of business seals such as those of the BBB (Better Business Bureau)
- Developed scripts to automate image searches using TinEye’s API
- Collaborated with Content Innovation and Analytics teams to build a predictive model relating fraud risk to unauthorized seal usage.
- Analyzed batting and pitching skills using an historical database
- Applied exploratory analysis and statistics to answer the question: “Are Pitchers Good at Batting?”
- Technologies used: Pandas, Numpy, matplotlib
Text Data Analytics (NLP – Coursera)
- Used R to analyze SwiftKey text dataset and develop a predictive model for natural language (in-progress)
GHRSST (Global High-Resolution Sea Surface Temperature), Jet Propulsion Laboratory
- Implemented system for ingest and management of satellite remote sensing meta-data (PHP, Perl).
- Received NASA Board Award and credited in a NASA Tech Brief.
SCCOOS (Southern California Coastal Observing System), Jet Propulsion Laboratory
- Researched web-based GIS tools
- Developed an early prototype using MapServer
Awarix Enterprise Patient Care Visibility
- Developed innovative real-time patient data visualization tool (Java, XML, SVG).
Lead Developer, Partner Innovation Center
Dun and Bradstreet, Austin, TX 2014-2016
- Developed POC’s and prototypes to drive new partnerships and organically grow existing ones such as data.com (Salesforce)
- Presented ideas and demo’s to internal and external audiences
- Focused on acquiring new data and demonstrating analytics on D&B data
- Collaborated with strategists and other teams within D&B to enable conversations with prospective partners
Senior Software Engineer, Technology
Dun and Bradstreet, Austin, TX 2013 - 2014
- Designed and developed major components of D&B 360, Dun and Bradstreet’s CRM integration product
- Refactored code and improved test coverage
Senior Software Engineer
Involver, Inc. (now Oracle), Austin, TX 2011 – 2012
Senior Java Developer (Contractor)
Dun and Bradstreet (formerly Hoovers, Inc.), Austin, TX **2010 – 2011
Various Internet and Media companies, Los Angeles, CA 2007 - 2010
Awarix (now Mckesson), Birmingham, Alabama 2005 – 2006
Developed innovative real-time patient data visualization product at healthcare technology startup
Senior Software Engineer
Raytheon ITSS / Jet Propulsion Lab, Pasadena, CA 1999 - 2005
Developed innovative data management and visualization tools for oceanography data center
Johns Hopkins (in-progress), Coursera
Data Science Specialization
Indiana University, Bloomington
Bachelor of Science with Honors, Computer Science; Minor, Mathematics.
Texas Academy of Mathematics and Science, University of North Texas
Earned two years of college credit as a full-time university student while completing high school.